We’re thrilled you’re thinking about getting married, and that you are considering St Bart's.
If you would like to get married in one of our churches, then please contact the Church Office so that we can help you through the process and support you for your special day. Here are some FAQs to help you in your planning.
You might like to start off by coming to a Sunday morning service at St Bart's.
We meet every Sunday morning at 11 o'clock.
Q: Can I get married at St Bartholomew's Crewkerne?
You can be married at St Bartholomew's if you have a ‘qualifying connection’ with St Bartholomew's. One or both of you need to be able to show at least one of the following:
1. I was baptised in the parish (by a Church of England service/form of baptism).
2. I have been confirmed (by a Church of England service) and my confirmation is entered in a register belonging to St Bartholomew's Crewkerne.
3. My parent or grandparent was married in the parish by a Church of England service.
4. I have had my usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months.
5. My parent has had his or her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months during my lifetime.
6. I have habitually attended public worship at Church of England services in the parish for at least 6 months.
7. My parent has habitually attended public worship at Church of England services in the parish for at least 6 months during my lifetime.
* You can check which parish you live in by using the website ‘A Church Near You’ at https://www.achurchnearyou.com
* Please also note that special rules apply if either or both of you are foreign nationals.
* Marriage in Church is not available at St Bartholomew's if either of you have been married before, and your former spouse is still living (ie you are divorced but not widowed). Please ask us about a Service of Blessing after a civil ceremony.
Q: What do I do next?
Contact our Rector, CJ Davis, at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will send you an application form to complete and return to him before you meet to discuss your wedding and confirm a booking. We can also discuss how we can help you prepare for your married life together, at the same time as you get ready for your wedding day. This can be via Zoom or in person.
Q: Must our Banns be called in Crewkerne?
You can check which parish you live in by using the website ‘A Church Near You’ at https://www.achurchnearyou.com If you live in the Parish but are being married in another church, your Banns will also need to be read at St Bartholomew's. Please contact our Rector to arrange this.
* Please note that if either or both of you are foreign nationals, or if you are being married by Licence, the equivalent of your Banns may be dealt with by the Register office instead.
Any other questions?
Please contact the church office on 01460 72047 or the Rector, CJ Davis at email@example.com
Please also take a look at the Church of England Weddings Website, it’s full of helpful information, tips and guides.